Posted to npanday-users@incubator.apache.org by Octavian <h....@gmail.com> on 2014/09/11 13:08:08 UTC

Add metadata to AssemblyInfo.cs file from pom.xml

Hello,

How can I add information like AssemblyCompany, AssemblyCopyright,
AssemblyProduct
from the configuration tag of
the org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-compile-plugin?

I see that there is <assemblyInfo>, but the properties that I put there are
added as CustomStringAttribute in the AssemblyInfo.cs.

Thanks,
Octavian

Re: Add metadata to AssemblyInfo.cs file from pom.xml

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
These are currently derived from the Maven POM:

        String description = ( mavenProject.getDescription() != null ) ? mavenProject.getDescription() : "";
        String version = ( mavenProject.getVersion() != null ) ? mavenProject.getVersion() : "";
        String name = mavenProject.getName();
        Organization org = mavenProject.getOrganization();
        String company = ( org != null ) ? org.getName() : "";
	assemblyInfo.setProduct( company + "-" + name );

That's in components/dotnet-assembler/src/main/java/npanday/assembler/impl/AssemblerContextImpl.java

If you're interested in improving on this, perhaps you could submit a patch to add additional configuration to the generate goal to override any of those with a speificed value. That code is in plugins/maven-compile-plugin/src/main/java/npanday/plugin/compile/AssemblyInfoGeneratorMojo.java

Cheers,
Brett