Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Karl Stoney <Ka...@autotrader.co.uk.INVALID> on 2021/03/20 16:40:12 UTC

Check for ongoing REINDEXCOLLECTION

Hi,
I’m aware I can check the status of a reindx, if I know both the source and destination cluster, or I can check the progress of the async request via the async API.

However, if I know neither of these, and I just want to check if there are any REINDEX’s running on the cluster at any given time, is there a programmatic way to do this?

The reason behind this is that we’ve got a custom application which starts the reindex, and I want it to first validate there aren’t any other reindexes running.

Thanks
Karl
Unless expressly stated otherwise in this email, this e-mail is sent on behalf of Auto Trader Limited Registered Office: 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester, Lancashire, M15 4FN (Registered in England No. 03909628). Auto Trader Limited is part of the Auto Trader Group Plc group. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

RE: Check for ongoing REINDEXCOLLECTION

Posted by ufuk yılmaz <uy...@vivaldi.net.INVALID>.
I think calling:

/solr/collectionReindexCommandIsSentTo/stream?action=list

Lists running daemon processes, which should contain running reindexing operations. Be careful of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13245 though, if you have more than one replica on the same node. (Joel Bernstein’s comment under the issue).

Sent from Mail for Windows 10