Posted to user@struts.apache.org by robin bajaj <ro...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/10/26 22:39:46 UTC

ADF Faces with Struts 2 -JSf plugin

I have a fairly strong Struts 1.x background but suffered a lot in one of the recent projects
because of the lack of some controls ( I didn't find using Dojo etc. that easy).

I am currently working on a new project using Oracle ADF Faces and I am really very impressed
by the out-of-the-box functionality and controls provided by ADF faces.

I have heard that Struts2 provides JSF plugin. Has anyone tried using ADF faces distribution
with Struts2's JSF plugin... Any good/bad experiences with the integration.. ?
(I have not tried MyFaces implementation.. but actually in this case, I would just like to use ADF faces
if possible with Struts 2...)
Please share..
thanks,
robin

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

Re: ADF Faces with Struts 2 -JSf plugin

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
robin bajaj wrote:
> I have a fairly strong Struts 1.x background but suffered a lot in one of the recent projects
> because of the lack of some controls ( I didn't find using Dojo etc. that easy).
>
> I am currently working on a new project using Oracle ADF Faces and I am really very impressed
> by the out-of-the-box functionality and controls provided by ADF faces.
>
> I have heard that Struts2 provides JSF plugin. Has anyone tried using ADF faces distribution
> with Struts2's JSF plugin... Any good/bad experiences with the integration.. ?
> (I have not tried MyFaces implementation.. but actually in this case, I would just like to use ADF faces
> if possible with Struts 2...)

The plugin just enables Struts2 to serve JSF views. You should be able
to use ADF Faces components in those views the same as in a 'vanilla'
JSF app. I haven't tried this combination personally, but I see no
reason why it wouldn't work.

L.