Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Brown <ry...@mi-assistant.com> on 2001/10/04 18:05:25 UTC

Chaning location of initial web page

We are having a alot of trouble changing the location of the first page that
displays on Tomcat 3.2.3 server.  If i start the server and then point my
browser to http://localhost:8080/ it brings up the following file:
d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\root\index.html
how do I change this so that it brings up an index.html in a different
directory on my harddrive:
d:\webdevelopment\miiq\index.html
I have searched all of the documentation and the mailing list archive and I
have only gotten more confused.  We have all of our development for our site
in the above directory and need it to be the default directory when we are
working.

Thanks,

Ryan Brown
MI-Assistant Software
Email: ryanbrown@mi-assistant.com

Re: Chaning location of initial web page

Posted by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Well, I hope I'm getting this right. Any directory( or
*.war or *.tar.gz or *.jar file) right under webapps
that has the proper structure will be automatically
loaded as a context. What does your server.xml say
about the root, '/', context? What if you change the
root directory to another name and make your app the
root directory under webapps?

--- Yoav Shapira <sh...@mpi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> You can always use HTML or JSP forwarding, along the
> lines of:

> <head>
> URL=/miiq/index.html">
> </head>
>
> Or something like
> <head>
> <title>JSP Forwarder</title>
> </head>
> <jsp:forward page="/miiq/index.html">
>
> Good luck,
>
> Yoav
>
> Ryan Brown wrote:
>
> > We are having a alot of trouble changing the
> location of the first page that
> > displays on Tomcat 3.2.3 server.  If i start the
> server and then point my
> > browser to http://localhost:8080/ it brings up the
> following file:
> > d:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\root\index.html
> > how do I change this so that it brings up an
> index.html in a different
> > directory on my harddrive:
> > d:\webdevelopment\miiq\index.html
> > I have searched all of the documentation and the
> mailing list archive and I
> > have only gotten more confused.  We have all of
> our development for our site
> > in the above directory and need it to be the
> default directory when we are
> > working.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ryan Brown
> > MI-Assistant Software
> > Email: ryanbrown@mi-assistant.com

=====
-
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"
See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: Chaning location of initial web page

Posted by Yoav Shapira <sh...@mpi.com>.
Hi,