Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pete Nelson <pe...@ci.stpaul.mn.us> on 2002/04/11 22:19:42 UTC

mod_rewrite on 1.3.24 (Win32) - trouble

I'm having some difficulty with mod_rewrite (RTFM - both
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html ).  Nothing I did
seem to make a difference to the server. So finally, I added this to my
config, just for the sake of debugging:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteLog D:/Apache/logs/rewrite.log
  RewriteLogLevel 9

  RewriteRule ^/.* - [F]

Seems like that should forbid my entire site, right?  Well, it doesn't,
and it doesn't write anything to rewrite.log.  I've restarted the
server, and checked my server-info - mod_rewrite is loaded, and it
thinks that config directive is there.  What could be happening?  (my
mod_rewrite.so is 45,056 bytes, if that helps anyone).

I also tested this on Apache 2 on my Win2k machine, and it did just
what I expected - blocked my whole site (at least some things are still
right with the world).  Is it possible that by installing Apache2, I
somehow killed Apache 1.3 (or at least some modules)?  They are in
separate folders.

--
Pete Nelson, Web Developer
<pe...@ci.stpaul.mn.us>