Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bedrijven.nl" <ma...@bedrijven.nl> on 2004/09/08 10:16:34 UTC

More than one thread

Hi,

When I looked to my threads i saw this for one application:

	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]
	T Thread[StandardManager[/aclive],5,main]

I saw this also in the log: When I restart tomcat ii initialized 7 times my
applications. How is that possible??

Maarten

RE: More than one thread part II

Posted by "Bedrijven.nl" <ma...@bedrijven.nl>.
Hi QM,

if a set the autoDeploy="false" for each virtual host has no effect. So
still 8 host, so 8x8 initialisations.

Please what to do?

Maarten

AW: More than one thread part II

Posted by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net>.
Hi

> I have defined 7 (virtual) hosts in my <engine> tag (server.xml). And
during startup Tomcat initiated 7 times (I think for each host all the hosts
again) each application, but one time is enough or not??

You have 7 hosts. Each applications belongs to EXACTLY ONE host.
If your appBase is the same, the application is loaded FOR EACH host again.

But you have more problems:
The application is not only initialized multiple times, each application
instance is loaded in it's own classloader.
One implication of this is, that even static data is not shared...

Rule: Use default host to match any Domain, do not use virtual hosts.

Regards,
  Steffen

AW: More than one thread part II

Posted by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net>.
Hi

> if a set the autoDeploy="false" for each virtual host has no effect. So
still 8 host, so 8x8 initialisations.

Setting autoDeploy will simply disable mouting your webapps automatically
when tomcat starts.
If you still want all web applications to be available from all hosts, there
is nothing you can do.
If you want only some application to be available per host, use different
appBases or work with autoDeplay = false.

Regards,
  Steffen

More than one thread part II

Posted by "Bedrijven.nl" <ma...@bedrijven.nl>.
Hello

I submitted a question about multiple threads (See message below). What I
discovered is that I have defined 7 (virtual) hosts in my <engine> tag
(server.xml). And during startup Tomcat initiated 7 times (I think for each
host all the hosts again) each application, but one time is enough or not??

Please help me.

Maarten