Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Brown <mb...@OpenMarket.com> on 1996/06/20 23:07:28 UTC

Re: timeouts in CGI POST reading

Rob Hartill says:

    We've got some CGI scripts that accept file uploads but we also have
    users in lots of countries whose uploads don't always make it the
    first time... We need a way to signal the scripts to clean up and
    abort the process rather than attempt to process only part of the data.

I believe your script should compare the number of bytes read from
stdin to the value of CONTENT_LENGTH.  If they differ, your
script should assume that the upload has failed.

    --mark