Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/01 09:24:10 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.2.0(RC1) release

Hi

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.2.0 (RC1) to your vote.

1.Release Notes:
*https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12340260
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12340260>*

    Some key improvement in this patch release:

   1. Sort columns feature : Support users define any columns to become
   MDK(Multi-Dimension Key index), note: currently support all data type
   excepting decimal,float,double.
   2. Support 4 type of sort scope: Local sort,Batch sort, Global sort, No
   sort
   3. Support partition
   4. Optimizate data update and delete for Spark 2.1
   5. Further improve performance by optimizating measure filter feature
   6. DataMap framework to add custom indexes
   7. Ecosystem feature1 : support Presto integration
   8. Ecosystem feature2 : support Hive integration

 2. The tag to be voted upon :
apache-carbondata-1.2.0-rc1(commit: 52984c8707908004a0951761bf58bd6e14581194)
*https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.2.0-rc1
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.2.0-rc1>*

3.The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.2.0-rc1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.2.0-rc1/>*

4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1021

5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
*https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ravipesala.asc
<https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ravipesala.asc>*

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.2.0,  The vote
will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.1.1
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
Thanks & Regards,
Ravindra

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.2.0(RC1) release

Posted by Lu Cao <wh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,
Please hold on and help review this PR for drop partition:

https://github.com/apache/carbondata/pull/1317

We'd better add this function in 1.2.0 with other partition functions
together.

Thanks,

Lionel

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
Hi Ravi,

As far as I know, following known issues will impact user, it is better to solve them before 1.2
[CARBONDATA-1128] Add encoding for non-dictionary dimension columns
[CARBONDATA-1435] Fix reader backward compatible issue
[CARBONDATA-1400] Fix bug of array column out of bound when writing carbondata file
[CARBONDATA-1438] Unify the sort column and sort scope in create table command
[CARBONDATA-1429] Add a value based compression for decimal data type when decimal is stored as Int or Long

So, -1

Regards,
Jacky