Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by brainstorm <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/29 17:56:53 UTC

Nutch spider trap detection

Hi!

I guess it is implemented, but cannot find it by myself on nutch API
docs nor wiki :-/ ... Is there any mechanism implemented in nutch to
detect spider traps[1] ?

Thanks,
Roman

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_trap

Re: Nutch spider trap detection

Posted by brainstorm <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks ! I guess you mean:

# skip URLs with slash-delimited segment that repeats 3+ times, to break loops

In conf/regex-urlfilter.txt, am I wrong ?

The DomContentUtils on
/nutch/trunk/src/java/org/apache/nutch/parse/*.java is a bit confusing
to me and cannot see the recursion "protection" code.

Thanks !

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.