Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Emil Huseynli <em...@unimark.az> on 2006/11/22 11:43:11 UTC

need for a hook script

Hello.

I need for a hook script that prevents user to import or commit

large files.

I've searched through hook scripts in

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/hook-scripts/

and

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/hook-scripts/

but haven't find any appopriate.

Maybe someone have already wrote such script,

maybe you know.. can you give an url to it,

or some advises on how to write script.

Best regards, Emil Huseynli

Unifun Ltd.

Re: need for a hook script

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 22, 2006, at 05:43, Emil Huseynli wrote:

> I need for a hook script that prevents user to import or commit
>
> large files.
>

> I’ve searched through hook scripts in
>
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/hook-scripts/
>
> and
>
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/hook-scripts/
>
> but haven’t find any appopriate.
>

> Maybe someone have already wrote such script,
>
> maybe you know.. can you give an url to it,
>
> or some advises on how to write script.

I don't know of such a script, but your basic strategy would be:

- use 'svnlook changed -t "$TXN" "$REPO"' to get a list of files in
the transaction

- for each file, use 'svnlook cat -t "$TXN" "$REPO" "$FILE" | wc -c'
to get its size in bytes

- if this is too large for you, print an error message to stderr and
exit with a code other than 0