Posted to users@maven.apache.org by daniele pirola <da...@icteam.it> on 2006/08/23 16:59:43 UTC

Building ear, war without including resources (Maven 2.0)

Hi,
I am novice in Maven.
I try to investigate if my company projects could be migrated to Maven
and I have a question.
We have building many projects creating ear files or war files without
the corresponding resources,
that is for example we deploy an application with an ear file and a
separate directory called 'etc' with the
application resources (the directory of course is in the CLASSPATH of
the server).
This is done principally to permit changing a property value without to
have to redeploy the application
(the application refresh the configuration at intervals).

So the question is:
can we do this type of build with Maven in an easy way?
Or we have to write for example our own compile plugin or call an Ant
task to perform the splitting?

(Also notice that the resources we have to bundle must be filtered and
not only copied).

Thanks.

--
Daniele Pirola
ICTeam S.p.A

Re: Building ear, war without including resources (Maven 2.0)

Posted by Alexandre Touret <at...@free.fr>.
Hello
did you try to set the scope of the dependencies to "system" or "runtime" ?
Regards,
Alexandre

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
Could you set the scope on the dependency to compile?

D-

Posted by Jim Stafford <jc...@apl.jhu.edu>.

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,