You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik <fh...@vmware.com> on 2020/08/26 16:12:04 UTC

Next release

Our cadence seems fairly predictable.

Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?

Filip

Re: Next release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/09/2020 18:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 03/09/2020 16:18, Filip Hanik wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 07:44 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
> 
>>     Commons Daemon may not be ready in time (there was a delay due an issue
>>
>>     with the signing system). I'm currently planning to start tagging early
>>
>>     next week. If Daemon is ready by then great. If not, we can pick up the
>>
>>     update next month.
>>
>>
>> +1
> 
> FYI: It doesn't look like Commons Daemon will release in time (one vote
> short).
> 
> I'm also seeing a handful of test failures on Windows. They look like
> timing issues. I suspect a VM performance issue after a Host OS upgrade.
> I want to look into that in a little more detail before I tag.

The 8.5.x tag is currently on hold while I investigate what looks to be
a repeatable failure of
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.pojo.TestEncodingDecoding with NIO2 on a
Windows VM.

This is actually a good thing. This test has been failing
intermittently. A repeatable failure means a good chance of of finding
and fixing the root cause.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Re: Next release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/09/2020 16:18, Filip Hanik wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 07:44 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org

>     Commons Daemon may not be ready in time (there was a delay due an issue
> 
>     with the signing system). I'm currently planning to start tagging early
> 
>     next week. If Daemon is ready by then great. If not, we can pick up the
> 
>     update next month.
> 
> 
> +1

FYI: It doesn't look like Commons Daemon will release in time (one vote
short).

I'm also seeing a handful of test failures on Windows. They look like
timing issues. I suspect a VM performance issue after a Host OS upgrade.
I want to look into that in a little more detail before I tag.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Re: Next release

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 07:44 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

>
>
> On 27/08/2020 14:15, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:26 AM Filip Hanik <filip@hanik.com
>
> > <ma...@hanik.com>> wrote:
>
> >     On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:12 Rémy Maucherat <remm@apache.org
>
> >     <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
> >         On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Filip Hanik <filip@hanik.com
>
> >         <ma...@hanik.com>> wrote:
>
> >             On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
>
> >             <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
> >                 On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
>
> >
>
> >                 > Our cadence seems fairly predictable.
>
> >                 >
>
> >                 > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch
>
> >                 of releases?
>
> >
>
> >                 I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm
>
> >                 planning on the
>
> >                 September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat
>
> >                 Native and Commons
>
> >                 Daemon updates into those releases if possible.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >             Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs
>
> >             too.
>
>
>
> Commons Daemon may not be ready in time (there was a delay due an issue
>
> with the signing system). I'm currently planning to start tagging early
>
> next week. If Daemon is ready by then great. If not, we can pick up the
>
> update next month.


+1

Filip

>
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>
>

Re: Next release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 27/08/2020 14:15, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:26 AM Filip Hanik <filip@hanik.com
> <ma...@hanik.com>> wrote:
>     On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:12 Rémy Maucherat <remm@apache.org
>     <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>         On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Filip Hanik <filip@hanik.com
>         <ma...@hanik.com>> wrote:
>             On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
>             <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>                 On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
> 
>                 > Our cadence seems fairly predictable. 
>                 >
>                 > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch
>                 of releases?
> 
>                 I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm
>                 planning on the
>                 September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat
>                 Native and Commons
>                 Daemon updates into those releases if possible.
> 
> 
>             Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs
>             too.

Commons Daemon may not be ready in time (there was a delay due an issue
with the signing system). I'm currently planning to start tagging early
next week. If Daemon is ready by then great. If not, we can pick up the
update next month.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Re: Next release

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:26 AM Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:12 Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
>>>>
>>>> > Our cadence seems fairly predictable.
>>>>
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm planning on the
>>>>
>>>> September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat Native and Commons
>>>>
>>>> Daemon updates into those releases if possible.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs too.
>>>
>>
>> Can res/graal/java be moved to the main sources ?
>>
>
> It can, I didn’t want to pollute it while I marked it as experimental to
> get it field tested. but main/sources makes my life easier.
>

Unless there's a real possibility it is removed, it would be good to move
it to a real location.

Rémy


>
> Filip
>
>>
>> Rémy
>>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>>>
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>

Re: Next release

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:12 Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
>>>
>>> > Our cadence seems fairly predictable.
>>>
>>> >
>>>
>>> > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm planning on the
>>>
>>> September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat Native and Commons
>>>
>>> Daemon updates into those releases if possible.
>>
>>
>> Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs too.
>>
>
> Can res/graal/java be moved to the main sources ?
>

It can, I didn’t want to pollute it while I marked it as experimental to
get it field tested. but main/sources makes my life easier.

Filip

>
> Rémy
>
>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Re: Next release

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:25 PM Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
>>
>> > Our cadence seems fairly predictable.
>>
>> >
>>
>> > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?
>>
>>
>>
>> I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm planning on the
>>
>> September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat Native and Commons
>>
>> Daemon updates into those releases if possible.
>
>
> Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs too.
>

Can res/graal/java be moved to the main sources ?

Rémy


>
>>
>>
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>

Re: Next release

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:15 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
>
> > Our cadence seems fairly predictable.
>
> >
>
> > Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?
>
>
>
> I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm planning on the
>
> September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat Native and Commons
>
> Daemon updates into those releases if possible.


Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. I’m reviewing the PRs too.

>
>
>
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>
>

Re: Next release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/08/2020 17:12, Filip Hanik wrote:
> Our cadence seems fairly predictable. 
> 
> Any thoughts on the timeline of the  on the next batch of releases?

I skipped the August releases as I was away. I'm planning on the
September releases as usual. I'd like to get Tomcat Native and Commons
Daemon updates into those releases if possible.

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org