Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Serio <ji...@rollercoaster.com> on 2000/08/18 18:10:38 UTC

JOB: Alameda, CA (entry-level)

Hi guys,

My company, Tradiant, is looking for a Web Developer to work on our
new Information Services portal. Below is the job posting and if you're
still interested, read my take on the company:

-----
Web Developer

The candidate will work closely in developing Tradiant's Informational Services Portal. Specific responsibilities include:

* Develop each project according to Product Marketing needs.
* Work with the engineering team to integrate information services with other Tradiant applications.
* Responsible for both back-end development and front-end GUI.

Requirements:

* 2-3 years experience in the following technologies:
   - HTML (should have a strong grasp of cross-platform, multi language capabilities).
   - Perl (mod_perl a PLUS!)
   - JavaScript
   - Relational databases (MySQL and/or MS SQL Server)
* Must be able to work independently on large-scale projects.
* JSP and/or Java experience

Desired:

* PHP
* Experience with Linux (both user and administrative).
* CVS
* Graphical (Photoshop, Freehand) experience a plus.
* Web site design experience
* Experience with Web-based portals a plus.
* BS in computer science or related experience.
-----

Let me say first that this IS a Perl/mod_perl position. The inclusion
of PHP/JSP are merely there because the rest of the shop is JSP and
having that experience as well would be a plus.

The department hiring is Internet Services. We're a 2 person team
who are responsible for the corporate Web site and the Informational
Services product which is our semi-new info portal off of our Marketplace.
Although the Engineering team (who develops the MP) works in JSP with
IIS, our group develops in Perl (mod_perl) and Apache on Linux.

Although not stated in the Job Description, this position would be
ideal for someone just starting out in mod_perl and willing to learn
as he/she moves along.

For more information on the company, see our Web site at:
http://www.tradiant.com. If you are interested in the position
send your resume to staffing@tradiant.com and mention the
Web Developer position.

If you have general questions about the position or the work atmosphere
don't hesitate to contact me offline.

Regards,
   Jim
--