Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Weaver, Gregory" <gw...@med.wayne.edu> on 2003/04/14 16:55:35 UTC

tomcat 4.1.24 SSL configuration

Hell I am having issues with the SSL configuration for tomcat 4.1.24.

here is my connector config from my server.xml

    <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector" acceptCount="40" bufferSize="2048"
               compression="off" connectionLinger="-1" connectionTimeout="20000" debug="0"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxKeepAliveRequests="100"
               maxProcessors="75" minProcessors="5" port="8443" proxyPort="0"
               scheme="https" secure="true" tcpNoDelay="true" useURIValidationHack="false">
      <Factory className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory" clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"/>
    </Connector>

Now it starts up just fine, but the problem is that when I go through my browser(explorer,opera) to https://mymachine:8443/ I get just an empty file from the server.

The browser/server seem to not be handshaking the certificate properly.

I have generated the keystore like this:
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

This works for the tomcat version 4.0.6 that we are currently running.

Am I setting this up properly? Or am I missing something important?

I have tried to read through the documentation and I could not search the maling list on the apache we site I get an error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gregory J. Weaver
Database Analyst II - Wayne State University
30 E. Canfield Room 230
Detroit, MI 48201
(313)-580-1570