Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2005/11/12 23:48:50 UTC

q re dataSourcePermissions_net and DERBY-410

Hi,
 I'm working on DERBY-413, trying to remove the hardcoded 'localhost' from
the tests, and found this comment and subsequent line in the test
derbynet/dataSourcePermissions_net.java:
------------------
 if (TestUtil.isJCCFramework())
{
attrs.setProperty("driverType","4");
/**
* As per the fix of derby-410
* servername should now default to localhost
*/
attrs.setProperty("serverName","localhost");
}
-------------------
 Now, if the serverName defaults to localhost, why are we passing it in?
 ?
 Thx,
Myrna

Re: q re dataSourcePermissions_net and DERBY-410

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>Hi,
> I'm working on DERBY-413, trying to remove the hardcoded 'localhost' from
>the tests, and found this comment and subsequent line in the test
>derbynet/dataSourcePermissions_net.java:
>------------------
> if (TestUtil.isJCCFramework())
>{
>attrs.setProperty("driverType","4");
>/**
>* As per the fix of derby-410
>* servername should now default to localhost
>*/
>attrs.setProperty("serverName","localhost");
>}
> Now, if the serverName defaults to localhost, why are we passing it in?
> ?

For JCC it has to be set, so it is set   if
(TestUtil.isJCCFramework()).  The comment  might be clearer if it it said

servername should now default to localhost for derbyclient but still needs to be set for JCC.