Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/19 17:14:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Hey Everyone,

There have been various bug fixes that have went into
branch-0.23 since the 0.23.10 release.  We think its time to do a 0.23.11.

This is also the last planned release off of branch-0.23 we plan on doing.

The RC is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.11-candidate-0/

The RC Tag in svn is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.11-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days
til June 26th.

I am +1 (binding).

thanks,
Tom Graves

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Thanks everyone for voting.  The Vote passes with 11 +1¹s (5 binding, 6
non-binding) and no -1¹s.

I¹ll push the release out.

Tom

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified signatures
Verified native compilation on Ubuntu and ran some sample jobs.

jeagles

Posted by Devaraj K <de...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Thanks
Devaraj K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Stood up a pseudo-dist cluster and ran a few MR jobs.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

download source code.
compile under Fedora 13
and run sleep job. It works fine

Regards!

Chen

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Devaraj K <de...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Thanks
Devaraj K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Devaraj K <de...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Thanks
Devaraj K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Thanks for all your efforts driving 0.23.* Thomas & co!

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

built it from source and ram some MR examples successfully.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Mit Desai <mi...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Devaraj K <de...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

--

Thanks
Devaraj K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.11

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.