Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by julien bloit <Ju...@ircam.fr> on 2004/03/23 19:47:37 UTC

[xsp-session-fw:getxml] : dynamic path attribute?

Hi,

In an xsp, I need to test the presence of a certain value in an
authentication context data. I started by using this tag :

<xsp-session-fw:getxml context="authentication" path="//item[@id = 5]"/>

My problem is that I need the path to be dynamic. I tried the following but
then "/" is taken for the path value :

<xsp-session-fw:getxml context="authentication"><xsp:param
name="path">//item[@id=
<xsp:expr>myTestedValue</xsp:expr>]</xsp:param></xsp-session-fw:getxml>

Does someone have a solution or a waorkaround for doing this?

Many thanks!
Julien

coplet caching for individual users versus whole site [additional keywords: authorisation, authorization, portal]

Posted by Surjan Singh <su...@misgl.com>.
Hello,

Can anyone help me understand how coplets are cached for different users
in the portal?

We have a requirement where certain types of coplets need to be cached
site-wide (regardless of the logged in user), whereas other coplets need
to be cached per-user.

For example, a coplet that shows the status of a system will be the same
for everyone, but one that allows a user to change their account details
will need to be handled per-user.

Any help / tips / pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Surj

[additional keywords: authorisation, authorization, portal]

Re: [xsp-session-fw:getxml] : dynamic path attribute?

Posted by julien bloit <Ju...@ircam.fr>.
Hi,
I've tried that alreasy, but with the same result :

<xsp-session-fw:getxml context="authentication" as="xml"><xsp:attribute
name="path">authentication/ID</xsp:attribute></xsp-session-fw:getxml>

returns the whole authentication tree instead of just the ID node...

Julien

Re: [xsp-session-fw:getxml] : dynamic path attribute?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi:

Use <xsp:attribute>.

Best Regards,