Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashwin Kesavan <as...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/07/11 15:22:39 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: vhost names on logs

Hi Josu,

The more easier way which any newbie can do trouble free is to have separate log files for each of the virtual host section and name the log file based on the vhost name. That way you can achieve what you desired. I am not sure if this solves your problem. Post more details on what you want if this doesn't solve your problem.

Hope that helps,

--ashwin

Posted by Josu Lazkano <jo...@barcelonamedia.org>.
Thanks for the reply, I use to separate all logs:

        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain1/access.log combined
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain2/access.log combined
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain2/access.log combined

But the problem is that with syslog-ng, on the remote host I have all info on the "user" log file, so I need to separate with vhost_name pattern.

Thanks and best regards.