Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.pro> on 2014/12/03 10:00:38 UTC

assembly plugin bug tracker?

The assembly plugin web page[1] has a link to this bug tracker:

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY

The login page[2] has text:
"Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA
administrators. "
and no link for users to register.

Could somebody please update the JIRA config to allow bug reporting?

1. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/issue-tracking.html

2. https://jira.codehaus.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fbrowse%2FMASSEMBLY

Re: assembly plugin bug tracker?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
If you go to the root of that JIRA you will see a notice saying you need to
go to xircles.codehaus.org to create an account

Blame the high Google rank of Codehaus for the spammer attraction resulting
in the xircles signup flow

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014, Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.pro> wrote:

> The assembly plugin web page[1] has a link to this bug tracker:
>
> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY
>
> The login page[2] has text:
> "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA
> administrators. "
> and no link for users to register.
>
> Could somebody please update the JIRA config to allow bug reporting?
>
> 1.
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/issue-tracking.html
>
> 2.
> https://jira.codehaus.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fbrowse%2FMASSEMBLY

Sent from my phone

Re: assembly plugin bug tracker?

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
Just noticed that's http (the http site links to the http signup page, even
though https is available for signup)

This link is better: https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Actually that's a different plugin... moved it to
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-740

Posted by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.pro>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.