Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Cosentino <mc...@cacorp.com> on 2016/06/22 18:19:24 UTC

RE: Tomcat 8.5: Avoid NPE on bind for APR when using SSL.

I figured out the problem. The NPE was occurring because it couldn’t match the default SSLHostConfig. The documentation says to use the sslDefaultHost attribute of the Connector, but I get warnings saying that no matching property is found. I had to dig into the code to find that the correct attribute is defaultSSLHostConfigName. The documentation should be updated to reflect this.

https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-85.html

- Matt

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 22.06.2016 um 20:19 schrieb Matt Cosentino:
> I figured out the problem. The NPE was occurring because it couldn\u2019t match the default SSLHostConfig. The documentation says to use the sslDefaultHost attribute of the Connector, but I get warnings saying that no matching property is found. I had to dig into the code to find that the correct attribute is defaultSSLHostConfigName. The documentation should be updated to reflect this.
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-85.html
I have changed the doc. Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Felix