Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/03/08 15:18:55 UTC

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git

Good news everyone!

The fine folks from ASF Infra have finally migrated our main CouchDB repo to GitBox.

GitBox you ask? It’s the ASF’s new git infrastructure that is more tightly integrated with GitHub.

This means we now can:
- commit directly to GitHub and get auto-mirrored to the ASF.
- use GitHub issues and PRs natively (YAAAAAY).

For today, only couchdb.git has been migrated, but the rest will follow soon (the next in line are fauxton.git, nano.git, documentation.git and docker.git).

With the upcoming monorepo merge, we’ll then see what’s left and migrate those over, too.

* * *

> Jan, I’m a CouchDB Developer, what do I have to do now?

There are two options:

#1 stay on Apache Infrastructure

All you need to do is change your git remote to https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git

If your remote is `origin`, then run `git remote set-url origin https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git` and you are good to go. It will ask for your ASF credentials.

#2 use the new GitHub integration

Go to https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/ and do the oauth dance with Apache M.A.T.T and then GitHub and then wait (up to) 30 minutes (10 and 40 past the hour respectively). Note: this requires you to have 2FA set up on your GitHub account.

Set your remote to https://github.com/apache/couchdb.git (`git remote set-url origin https://github.com/apache/couchdb.git`)

In addition, you can now merge an close PRs and close Issues directly on GitHub (fiiiiinally ;)

* * *

I’d like to thank all he fine folks of ASF Infra for their hard work.

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Best
Jan

Re: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
This is amazing. Thanks ASF Infra

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 8 Mar 2017, at 16:18, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Good news everyone!
>
> The fine folks from ASF Infra have finally migrated our main CouchDB repo to GitBox.
>
> GitBox you ask? It’s the ASF’s new git infrastructure that is more tightly integrated with GitHub.
>
> This means we now can:
> - commit directly to GitHub and get auto-mirrored to the ASF.
> - use GitHub issues and PRs natively (YAAAAAY).
>
> For today, only couchdb.git has been migrated, but the rest will follow soon (the next in line are fauxton.git, nano.git, documentation.git and docker.git).

Heyall, these have been moved already, faster than we expected. This means that master is currently not working, but we have a PR going that will address this once CI comes back: https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/453/files?w=1

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best
Jan