Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by akshay <ak...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 12:52:20 UTC

Tapestry Framework Possibilties

Hi,

I would like to know the possibility of the below given approaches(a,b,c),
which I am trying to add in the tapestry framework:

 prerequisite:

- "app.less" in my context path (used in my page layout class with
${context:app.less})

Is it possible to have an app.less file

a) which can

@import "generatedruntime.less";

The "generatedruntime.less" doesn't exist in the file system and will be
created and updated at runtime.

b) which can

@import "abc.less";

where "abc.less" exists in my file system , but can be overridden
dynamically. Doing so should force the Tapestry Less Compilation chain
to recompile the less files (at least app.less).

c) which can

@import "${myAssetDomain:test.less}";

The myAssetDomain is a custom AssetDomain class contributed using the
conventional way in AppModule class. Doing so should directly call my
custom assetfactory class, which can then be used to write the values in to
the less file from database and the Tapestry Less Compilation chain to
recompile the less files (at least app.less).

I have tried using the RequestFilter approach, but it doesnt works in
production mode as expected(only works after the sever restart).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay

Re: Tapestry Framework Possibilties

Posted by akshay <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I actually had a look into these few days back. The above solutions are
more apt for tapestry 5.3.

Since tapestry 5,4 now offers a less compiling chain by default, it would
really be a tough time implementing the given solution.

I am rather looking for a solution which can help me in forcing a default
less compilation on the change of less variables in the .less file. Of
course before this, I need to know whether the approached mentioned by are
feasible or not.

Regards
Akshay

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org> wrote:

> I reckon you may want to look in this direction
>
> https://github.com/lltyk/tapestry-wro4j
> https://github.com/cezary-biernacki/t5conduit
>
> I think I recall some bright sparks talking about it on the list in the
> last 2 years.
>
> The man himself even makes a suggestion http://apache-tapestry-
> mailing-list-archives.1045711.n5.nabble.com/5-4-Less-CSS-
> Support-td5724746.html
>
> Bit of google foo will help you find it.  tapestry less
>

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 20:52:20 +1000, akshay <ak...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know the possibility of the below given approaches(a,b,c),
>> which I am trying to add in the tapestry framework:
>>
>>  prerequisite:
>>
>> - "app.less" in my context path (used in my page layout class with
>> ${context:app.less})
>>
>> Is it possible to have an app.less file
>>
>> a) which can
>>
>> @import "generatedruntime.less";
>>
>> The "generatedruntime.less" doesn't exist in the file system and will be
>> created and updated at runtime.
>>
>> b) which can
>>
>> @import "abc.less";
>>
>> where "abc.less" exists in my file system , but can be overridden
>> dynamically. Doing so should force the Tapestry Less Compilation chain
>> to recompile the less files (at least app.less).
>>
>> c) which can
>>
>> @import "${myAssetDomain:test.less}";
>>
>> The myAssetDomain is a custom AssetDomain class contributed using the
>> conventional way in AppModule class. Doing so should directly call my
>> custom assetfactory class, which can then be used to write the values in
>> the less file from database and the Tapestry Less Compilation chain to
>> recompile the less files (at least app.less).
>>

>> I have tried using the RequestFilter approach, but it doesnt works in
>> production mode as expected(only works after the sever restart).
>>

>> Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Akshay

Cheers!!

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.