Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by nicola buso <ni...@eng.it> on 2007/05/10 16:25:11 UTC

Transformer byte conversion

Hi all,

I'm using the XsltComponent and I'm experiencing some unwanted char
conversions.
In my example I've a a CDATA section with character like '\r' that result in
'\n' after the transformation.
I think this is a xalan related issue, but can somebody help me to avoid
this conversion? are there some configuration I can perform?

nicola

Re: Transformer byte conversion

Posted by nicola buso <ni...@eng.it>.
I found some trick to this problem, on xalan-j forum.
In the api docs at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/org/apache/xalan/transformer/TransformerImpl.html
looking for "line-separator"

than adding this line on XsltComponent:

transformer.setOutputProperty("{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}line-separator"
, "\r");

resolve this particular problem, but I think the best way to avoid
conversion of chars in the CDATA section is to encode or escape the CDATA
content.

nicola.