Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com> on 2014/11/14 02:51:45 UTC

[Grouping] [testing] single cartridge subscription ?

I tried the following configuration to subscribe a single cartridge:

Example 1:
Define it as part of service group
Instead of defining the single cartridge (no dependenices) in the application it is defined in the service group.

Service group:

{
    "name": "group5",
    "cartridges": [
      "cisco-sample-vm"
    ]
}

Application:
{
  "applicationId": "test_app5",
  "alias": "myapp5",
  "components": {
    "groups": [
      {
        "name": "group5",
        "alias": "group5alias",
        "deploymentPolicy": "static-1-Core",
        "autoscalingPolicy": "economyPolicy",
        "subscribables": [
          {
            "type": "cisco-sample-vm",
            "alias": "c1alias51"
          }
        ],
        "subGroups": []
      }
    ]
  },
  "subscribableInfo": [
    {
      "alias": "c1alias51",
      "deploymentPolicy": "static-1-Core",
      "autoscalingPolicy": "economyPolicy",
      "privateRepo": "true",
      "repoPassword": "password",
      "repoURL": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",
      "repoUsername": "user"
    }
  ]
}

Example 2: Define it at application level

{

  "applicationId": "test_app5",

  "alias": "myapp5",

  "components": {

    "groups": [

    ],

    "subscribables": [

      {

        "type": "cisco-sample-vm",

        "alias": "c1xxx"

      }

    ]

  },

  "subscribableInfo": [

    {

      "alias": "c1xxx",

      "deploymentPolicy": "static-1-Core",

      "autoscalingPolicy": "economyPolicy",

      "privateRepo": "true",

      "repoPassword": "password",

      "repoURL": "http://xxx:10080/git/default.git",

      "repoUsername": "user"

    }

  ]

}

In either case no VM is spun up, what is missing in these configuration ?

Thanks

Martin

Re: [Grouping] [testing] single cartridge subscription ?

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Martin,

Are you using master to do the testing? Since we have migrated to master,
can you use it for the further testing?
Also, can you attach the log file to this thread? So that we can analyse it.

I tried to test the grouping workflow in master. It was working fine..I
will try with the fresh pack again and update you..

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu