Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 02:17:12 UTC

multiple IComponentResolvers

Not sure whether someone was already looking at this, but currently
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.basic.SimplePageTest#testRenderHomePage_7
is failing. The problem is that

<input type="image" src="test.gif"
wicket:message="attr-name:i18n-key">test 2</input>

is resolved by WicketMessageTagHandler and thus not by
RelativePathPrefixHandler.

I'm not sure what the best solution is to this, but my first question
is whether it is really a good idea to create auto components for all
the tags we find that need to have the relative path fix in the first
place.  I understand we need to do this dynamically because of URL
mounting and stuff, but can't we use for instance IResponseFilters for
this problem instead?

If I didn't overlook something, and the above thought is correct, the
same goes for wicket:message tags. Do they really need to be resolved
to components? I'm afraid those auto components can add up quite a bit
when it comes to memory usage.

WDYT?

Eelco

Re: multiple IComponentResolvers

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
I need to look into a bit more. I way out-of-order for some days.

Juergen

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.