Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 20:00:00 UTC

producer send message to consumer and get a response

>From what I understand about JMS, I think the following scenario is
possible, just not sure how to configure it.  I am trying to figure out if I
can send set up ActiveMQ to perform the following:

1. Producer sends message to JMS Topic/Queue
2. Consumer gets the message from the Topic/Queue
3. Consumer acts on the message and generates a response
4. Consumer sends response back to JMS Topic/Queue (can be same or
difference Topic/Queue)
5. Producer receives response and acts upon the response.

This would have to be as close to synchronous as possible, since I don't
want any more latency than necessary.  Also, the producer might send message
#2 before it gets the response for message#1.

Basically I am looking to replace some web services with JMS.

Thanks....

Re: producer send message to consumer and get a response

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi Mark,

please take a look at the following link:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

you can also use Lingo for this:
http://lingo.codehaus.org/Request+Response+with+JMS

For a web services, you take a look at axis and cxf support:
http://activemq.apache.org/axis-and-cxf-support.html

Regards

--
Dejan Bosanac

http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

http://www.scriptinginjava.net

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
One additional question on this issue, is there a way that this can by done
synchronously?  If not, I will need to formulate some blocking callback so
that that response I get can inform me of what path I should take in my
programs logic.

Thanks again.

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
Joe, Dejan,