Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ni...@bnpparibas.com on 2003/06/09 23:45:03 UTC

Hard-coded www.ibiblio.org ?

Hi,

We have a problem with the (stupidly high level of) security of our
internet proxy which makes it practically impossible for us to reliably get
to www.ibiblio org. Therefore we have an internal mirror of ibiblio via
Jobo : http://www.matuschek.net/software/jobo/

What I want to do is to do an itnernal build of maven pointing to our
internal mirror.
However, I notice that there are a number of places where www.ibiblio.org
is "hard-coded" in.
I suspect that some of these are entirely necessary - I'd appreciate it if
anyone can back me up.
The rest I will mod and submit a patch.

Here they are:

---------------------------------------
/build-bootstrap.properties:
line 1: maven.get.jars.baseUrl = http://www.ibiblio.org/maven

I suspect that this case is unavoidable.
However, could we read in the default.properties as well?
---------------------------------------
/src/plugins-build/examples/exampleear-1.0/build.xml
line 135: <get dest="lib/commons-logging-1.0.2.jar" usetimestamp="true" ignoreerrors="true" src
="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.0.2.jar"></get>
line 137: <get dest="lib/junit-3.8.1.jar" usetimestamp="true" ignoreerrors="true" src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/junit/jars/junit-3.8.1.jar"></get>

Should this be changed to:

<get dest="lib/commons-logging-1.0.2.jar" usetimestamp="true" ignoreerrors="true" src="
${maven.repo.remote}/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.0.2.jar"></get>
<get dest="lib/junit-3.8.1.jar" usetimestamp="true" ignoreerrors="true" src="${maven.repo.remote}/junit/jars/junit-3.8.1.jar"></get>

?
---------------------------------------
/src/plugins-build/jar/plugin.jelly:
line 79: <ant:attribute name="${dep.artifactId}-Implementation-URL" value="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven${artifact.urlPath}"/>

Should this be changed to:

<ant:attribute name="${dep.artifactId}-Implementation-URL" value="${maven.repo.remote}/${artifact.urlPath}"/>

?
---------------------------------------
/src/plugins-build/plexus/plugin.jelly:
line 163: src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/plexus/jars/${plexusPom.artifactId}-${plexusPom.currentVersion}.jar"
line 282: src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/plexus/jars/${depPom.artifactId}-${depPom.currentVersion}.jar"
line 338: src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/plexus/plexus-component.manifest"
line 370: src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/plexus/poms/${component}.pom"

FOR i 1 TO 5 DO SUBS(http://www.ibiblio.org/maven, ${maven.repo.remote})

?
---------------------------------------
/src/plugins-build/release/src/main/org/apache/maven/release/SnapshotResolver.java
/*
String url = getVariables().get( MavenConstants.REPO_REMOTE ) + "/" +
    groupId + "/jars/" + artifactId + "-snapshot-version";
*/

line 124: String url = "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/" + groupId + "/jars/" + artifactId + "-snapshot-version";

Should the commented-out code be uncommented back in?
Thanks,
Cheese,
-Nick