Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vinaya M S <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/04 21:22:39 UTC

Flink_Kafka

Hi,

I'm new to Flink. I was working with Flink and Kafka before. It was working
fine.
But now Flink is not able to consume data from Kafka even with newly
created topic.

This is the log:

15:12:59,684 INFO
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer  - No prior
offsets found for some partitions in topic KafkaTweet. Fetched the
following start offsets [FetchPartition {partition=0, offset=3061}]

I'm using Flink: 0.10.1 and Kafka:8.2.2 and flink-connector-kafka 10.1.

*Any help would be much appreciated.*

*Thank you,*

*Vinaya*

Re: Flink_Kafka

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you want to read the
topic from the beginning, use a different group.id.
Flink should consume data from the topic when you produce something into it.
As you can see from the log statement, its at the "INFO" log level, hence
its not an issue or faulty behavior.