Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sanjeev Gupta <su...@sanjeevg.com> on 2012/12/04 12:21:17 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy_html not overridding one-change-only

Hi There ..

I've setup Apache HTTPD 2.4.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 to frontend my applications
running on Catalina. I'm configured modrewrite and mod_proxy_html  as below
to rewrite URLs like
https://domain-name.com/applicationURL/product;jsessionid=E7D38C12A41E0F280C
CB06128EF6604C.jvm1 to https://domain-name.com/product  (strip
applicationURL and the jsession id ).

ProxyHTMLURLMap         (.*);jsessionid(.*)     $1
[R, l]

ProxyHTMLURLMap         http://domain-name.com/applicationURL/
http://domain-name.com/       [L]

ProxyHTMLURLMap         https://domain-name.com/applicationURL/
https://domain-name.com/  [L]

Everything is working fine except where jsessionid needs to be stripped from
the URLs. In these cases mod_proxy_html is only processing the first
ProxyHTMLURLMap (stripping the jsessionid ) and is ignoring the subsequent
ProxyHTMLURLMap - despite the l flag. As a result the URL that's getting
passed to the browser is https://domain-name.com/applicationURL/product
instead of https://domain-name.com/product

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is this a bug with the module
? Would appreciate any help with this ..

Regards

Sanjeev Gupta

@sanjeevgcom

www.sanjeevg.com