Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Hydock, Thomas [USA]" <hy...@bah.com> on 2016/10/05 13:35:02 UTC

Unable to query HBase w/ Drill 1.8

I'm trying to follow the Apache Drill tutorial on querying HBase:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/querying-hbase/#tutorial-querying-hbase-data

I'm at Step #2 of the "Query HBase Tables" section and when I try to issue the "SELECT * FROM students;" I get the following error:
Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.google.common.base.Stopwatch.<init>()V from class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator

I was able to "resolve" this by downgrading the bundled Guava JAR from v18 down to v16.  I've also logged a JIRA ticket for this issue: