Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Michelle Miller <Mi...@speedconnect.com> on 2012/02/14 18:29:34 UTC

Re: OO Writer, footnote question (additional info)

Oh, I just noticed something else about my question.  Those with the
correctly-black number show (when I click the mouse on them) that the style
is "Default" even though it is a footnote.  Those with the grayed numbers
all show that the style is "Footnote."  ("Default" is the style I'm using on
the main document.)

Actually, this was originally a WordPerfect, and then a Word file, so even
those footnotes which show as being "Default" style are in all different
layouts.  Some are center justified, some disappear off to the left, etc.
Some just show three dots and no text in the footnote at all, although if I
click on the anchor, the full text of the footnote is revealed with the
pointy-hand.  So, the whole situation is a little whacko.  I can fix these
other things, but I don't know how a footnote can be "Default," and not
"Footnote" in its Style.

Thanks much!