Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Heather Phipps <hm...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/24 04:34:08 UTC

Is there a full Docbook plugin?

Hello,

The documentation
(http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/usingPlugins.html)
states:  "Clashes between plugins can occur. For example, the
simplified-docbook and full docbook plugins may try and process the
same files."  However, I do not see a full docbook plugin in the list
of available plugins, and the FAQ states that in order to fully
utilize DocBook files as input you need to use the full DocBook
stylesheets directly, rather than a plugin.  This seems conflicting.
Is there a full Docbook plugin?

-Heather

Re: Is there a full Docbook plugin?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
2009/4/24 Heather Phipps <hm...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> The documentation
> (http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/usingPlugins.html)
> states:  "Clashes between plugins can occur. For example, the
> simplified-docbook and full docbook plugins may try and process the
> same files."  However, I do not see a full docbook plugin in the list
> of available plugins, and the FAQ states that in order to fully
> utilize DocBook files as input you need to use the full DocBook
> stylesheets directly, rather than a plugin.  This seems conflicting.
> Is there a full Docbook plugin?

There is no full docbook plugin - there would be a conflict *if* there
were one. I agree it's not very clear in the text quoted.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk