Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/07 22:48:30 UTC

Shared database in master/master mode

Hello,

I'd like to know if the following architecture is feasible. My main goal is:
open only ports going out of the internal network; no communication
initiated from DMZ.

Scenario of an incoming message

 |         D M Z            |   I N T E R N A L   |
 |                             |                          |
--> AMQ --> storage <--- AMQ <-- system |
 |                             |                          |

I'm thinking about putting up a shared message store with useLock set to
disabled. (ref:
http://activemq.apache.org/pluggable-storage-lockers.html#Pluggablestoragelockers-PersistenceAdapters)

Could that work?

Re: Shared database in master/master mode

Posted by Chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Please refer to the  following post
<http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/Network-of-brokers-Shared-database-in-master-master-mode-tp5721581p5721586.html>
.

Re: Shared database in master/master mode

Posted by Chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Actually, there is nothing in place yet. So we can exclude the corruption
hypothesis.

The problem with store and forward is (to be confirmed):
- a port from DMZ to internal zone needs to be open for incoming messages.

I was trying to find a way the inside broker would get noticed without
having to open a port from DMZ. I thought out of 2 models:
1. polling the DMZ broker from the inside broker;
2. sharing the message store (illustrated above using ascii).

I think my model 1 relates to what you describe as "/the internal broker can
open the network connection in duplex mode to allow message transfer from
the DMZ broker/". Which is probably what I will end up with cause all
searches I did for model 2 end up not looking good...

I'll write back if any changes happened.

Thank you for your involvement :)

Re: Shared database in master/master mode

Posted by Noel OConnor <no...@gmail.com>.
I'd suspect that you'd have storage corruption issues. Why not use store
and forward over network connectors between the two brokers. The internal

)