Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> on 2009/01/05 19:45:44 UTC

Re: parsedDocuments has a maxElementsInMemory

Actually the comment mentions that this is experimental, thus the
maxElementsInMemory setting of 0 disables the cache.

Anyone know more about this?  Is it safe to enable?  What performance
gains are realized?

   <!-- By default do not cache any parsed documents. This is
experimental -->
   <cache name="parsedDocuments"
     maxElementsInMemory="0"
     eternal="true"
     overflowToDisk="false"
     diskPersistent="false"
     memoryStoreEvictionPolicy="LFU"/>

Also, has anyone have experience with distributed ehcache
configurations?  It might be interesting to see how this operates in a
cluster.

On Dec 19, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Kevin Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
> <jo...@shop.com> wrote:
>
>> I keep seeing this message in my console. How do I fix it?
>>
>>       Cache: parsedDocuments has a maxElementsInMemory of 0. It is
>> strongly
>>       recommended to have a maximumSize of at least 1. Performance is
>> halved
>>       by not using a MemoryStore.
>

> It's a warning. If you don't want to see it, either don't use
> ehcache or
> else set an appropriate value (I'd recommend at least equal to the
> number of
> unique gadgets you expect to run) in the ehcache configuration xml
> file.
>

>> Jordan Zimmerman
>> Principal Software Architect
>> 831.647.4712
>> 831.214.2990 (cell)
>> jordanz@shop.com
>>
>> SHOP*COMTM
>> All your favorite stores.
>> OneCart(r) convenience.
>> www.shop.com
>>

>> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
>> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
>> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
>> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
>> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
>> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
>> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this
>> message
>> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>>
>> Thank you.

Paul Lindner
plindner@hi5.com