Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chenll <c_...@hotmail.com> on 2010/03/03 18:01:14 UTC

Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts

Hi, I have a server which has only one IP and runs on Windows XP.  And I have two domain names: a.university.com and b.university.com. I have built two websites for both of them on the Apache 2.
Now I installed another web application which runs on Tomcat 6, and want to load the web application when I enter http://b.university.com/webap in IE. What should I do? Thank you in advanced!

想知道明天天气如何?必应告诉你!
http://cn.bing.com/search?q=%E5%A4%A9%E6%B0%94%E9%A2%84%E6%8A%A5&form=MICHJ2

Re: Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 04/03/2010 04:01, chenll wrote:

> Note: both a.university.com and b.university.com are built on Apache instead of Tomcat, so they are not in the directory of webapps. just "a.university.com/webap" is pointed to the web application which is built on Tomcat.

Please start a new thread.

Posted by chenll <c_...@hotmail.com>.
Note: both a.university.com and b.university.com are built on Apache instead of Tomcat, so they are not in the directory of webapps. just "a.university.com/webap" is pointed to the web application which is built on Tomcat.

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:17:47 -0600
> Subject: RE: Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts
>
> > From: Jordan Michaels [mailto:jordan@viviotech.net]
> > Subject: Re: Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts
> >
> > You can do this by creating new <Host> and <Context> entries in the
> > server.xml file for each site.
>
> Please don't suggest putting <Context> elements in server.xml; that's ancient, dismal practice. Place the <Context> elements in conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml, with a docBase attribute pointing to the location of the .war file or directory.
>
> > <Host name="a.university.com" appBase="webapps"
> > unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
> > xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> > <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
> > </Host>
> > <Host name="b.university.com" appBase="webapps"
> > unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
> > xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> > <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
> > </Host>
>
> Having the same appBase for multiple <Host> elements is asking for trouble, since the two hosts will scribble on top of each other.
>
> - Chuck
>

> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.

MSN十年回馈,每位用户可免费获得价值25元的卡巴斯基反病毒软件2010激活码,快来领取!
http://kaba.msn.com.cn/?k=1

RE: Tomcat+apache on name_based virtual hosts

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Jordan Michaels <jo...@viviotech.net>.
You can do this by creating new <Host> and <Context> entries in the
server.xml file for each site.

For example:

         <Host name="a.university.com" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
         </Host>

and

         <Host name="b.university.com" appBase="webapps"
              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
              <Context path="" docBase="[PATH TO WEBAPP]" />
         </Host>

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Railo Community Distributions

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 03/03/2010 17:01, chenll wrote:

> Hi, I have a server which has only one IP and runs on Windows XP.  And I have two domain names: a.university.com and b.university.com. I have built two websites for both of them on the Apache 2.
> Now I installed another web application which runs on Tomcat 6, and want to load the web application when I enter http://b.university.com/webap in IE. What should I do? Thank you in advanced!

> 想知道明天天气如何?必应告诉你!
> http://cn.bing.com/search?q=%E5%A4%A9%E6%B0%94%E9%A2%84%E6%8A%A5&form=MICHJ2

Please don't hijack an existing thread.

Start a new message, this means a completely new message addressed to
the list, simply editing the subject line & body leaves headers in place
that put your message in the middle of another (in this case, long) thread.