Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Ron Tsoref <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/15 17:23:31 UTC

ATS as Reverse Proxy gets cache misses

Hi.

I installed ATS on Ubuntu and tested it as a reverse proxy for a website.
 When trying to access a cacheable object (CSS file in this case), I get
this header:

Via:
http/1.1 ATS01 (ApacheTrafficServer/3.0.2 [cMsSf ])

I'm not sure what it's mean but I guess I didn't set up the cache properly
so ATS gets cache misses.  Any idea on how to fix this?

Ron

Re: ATS as Reverse Proxy gets cache misses

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/16/12 10:08 AM, andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk wrote:
> I did prefix with 'As a test' :)
>
> I wasn't suggesting that these settings should be used in a production
> environment. I just thought it might have helped to direct the next line
> of enquiry.

I know, just making sure Ron knows too :).

-- Leif

Re: ATS as Reverse Proxy gets cache misses

Posted by "andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk" <an...@holidaylettings.co.uk>.
I did prefix with 'As a test' :)

I wasn't suggesting that these settings should be used in a production
environment. I just thought it might have helped to direct the next line
of enquiry.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/16/12 8:37 AM, Ron Tsoref wrote:
> I don't know what could have caused this issue, but it seems to be OK
> right now.
>
> Thanks for your time and your willingness to help.

Well, if you used those configs as suggested (in particular the cache.config
settings), you have told ATS to force the TTL on the objects to 10m. If your
objects are not being cached without that, you are almost certainly not
sending appropriate Expires: or Cache-Control: headers from your origin to

Posted by Ron Tsoref <ch...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM, andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk <