Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Matthew Weir <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/06/22 14:44:43 UTC

IE Preloader oddity

We have a large app, about 3.5MB, so I added a preloader in the last few days.
Chrome & FF seem to be showing the preloader correctly.
However, IE shows the following icon for about 3 seconds and then the preloader flashes at 100%  for about .5 seconds.http://grinderholf.com/IEPreloader.png

This icon does not appear to be part of the DOM, nor do I see anything relevant to the source code.  It is loading prior to the swf though, so I know it's not a Flash thing.
Any ideas on how to make this work in IE?
Thanks,
Matthew

Re: IE Preloader oddity

Posted by Matthew Weir <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Looks like it may be related to loading the swf via javascript.The following describes similar results when loading a PDF.
Internet Explorer Opens a Blank Page with a Placeholder Icon Instead of a .pdf File in Adobe Acrobat Reader

|    |
Internet Explorer Opens a Blank Page with a Placeholder Icon Instead of a ....
 Internet Explorer may display a blank page with a placeholder icon instead of displaying a Portable Document For...  |   |