Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sabeer Hussain <sh...@del.aithent.com> on 2012/06/20 14:24:43 UTC

Re: 3 Way Solr Join . . ?

I have a similar situation in my application. I have five different entities.
The relationships among entities as follows

Protocol --> ( zero or more) Study --> (  zero or more) Patient
Protocol --> ( zero or more) Drug
Patient --> (zero or more) Study
Form --> (zero or many) Study

Moreover, all these entities can be exist independently also (as per the
requirement of my application). So, I cannot create a document to include
all these entities using demoralization.  If I need to find out the Drug
Name (from Drug entity), Protocol Name (from Protocol entity), Study Name
(from Study entity), Patient Name (from Patient entity) and Form Name ( from
Form entity) based on Drug Batch Number (from Drug entity) I passed. Using
Join in Solr, I can get either child or parent not from both. What is the
best way to index the data in Solr? Do I need to create separate indices for
each entity or single one for all