Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org> on 2001/03/13 00:45:03 UTC

PropertyUtils.copyProperties and EJB beans

I am trying to use copyProperties() to copy everything FROM a standard
bean, TO an enterprise javabean (entity bean). When I do so, I get the
following exception:

Name: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message: object is not an instance of declaring class
Stack: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of
declaring class
at
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.java:591)
at
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.copyProperties(PropertyUtils.java:207)
at
com.reachmydoctor.ejb.patientSessionBean.createAccount(patientSessionBean.java:109)

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that my
destination, being a remote interface, is a funky jBoss proxy class and
not a standard bean at all. Nevertheless is there any way I can get this
to work? I was really counting on this working... Otherwise I have about
65 properties to copy by hand!

Thanks,

Bryan