Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2015/08/07 01:00:33 UTC

Nabble for Geode mail archives?

In the early days, I saw some other communities using Nabble for achives,
so I set this up:
http://apache-geode-incubating-developers-forum.70738.x6.nabble.com/

If anyone likes it and wants to save it, feel free to hit the "don't delete
" button at the top.

However, officially, we're pointing to the ASF archive infrastructure.

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: Nabble for Geode mail archives?

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
That brings up a good question. Why is the ASF infrastructure so behind in mail list technology? Mod_mbox has got to be the most dated web service I have seen in a long time. No searching, threads index doesn’t span months, and don’t forget the 1995 web styling. ;)

Can we not have our website direct people to something more useful?

—

Jacob Barrett

Manager

GemFire Advanced Customer Engineering (ACE)

Pivotal

jbarrett@pivotal.io

503-533-3763

For immediate support please contact Pivotal Support at http://support.pivotal.io/