Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ST...@afninet.com on 2003/06/13 17:23:43 UTC

Deserializing data objects using InMemoryReplicationManager on To mcat cluster

I have noticed when using the InMemoryReplicationManager for web
applications on a Tomcat cluster that you will encounter a
ClassNotFoundException when trying to deserialize the session contents of
serialized data objects specific to the web application (i.e. a given web
application may have an Employee class that is stored in the session).
Although this ClassNotFoundException is thrown by the
InMemoryReplicationManager, it appears that the class actually is
deserialized and replicated across the nodes of the cluster.

My question is if this is an accurate assertion despite the
ClassNotFoundException?  Also, why is there a ClassNotFoundException being
thrown?  Is this because the InMemoryReplicationManager does not use the Web
Application Class Loader, Shared Class Loader, etc.?

RE: Deserializing data objects using InMemoryReplicationManager on Tomcat cluster

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
I haven't seen this problem,
where is your Employee class file sitting?

Filip