Posted to users@maven.apache.org by googoo <go...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/22 10:22:41 UTC

Execute 2 remote shell scripts before and after deploy phase

I would like to execute 2 remote shell scripts from maven as a pre-deploy and
a post-deploy step.I know about the exec plugin, but I don't know if it is
able to execute remote shell scripts.The Maven antrun plugin that I've also
checked, is able to execute a sshexec task that could help me indeed,
unfortunately it doesn't allow any other goals than "run", and I would like
to convince Maven to execute these shell scripts, with different goals, for
example with an "execution-before" and an "execution-after" goal of the
deploy phase.
Is there anybody that could help me?
Thanks in advance

Re: Execute 2 remote shell scripts before and after deploy phase

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
There are no "pre-deploy" or "post-deploy" phases, so you can't do this.
What you probably need to do is develop a plugin that does the repo-deploy
deploy and post-deploy steps in one go. And then bind it to the deploy
phase.

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
A possible solution is to have multiple Maven projects, instead of trying to
squeeze everything into one project.

/Anders

Posted by Jon Paynter <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.