Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Hugo AMG87 <hu...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/14 10:22:51 UTC

Can't upload files by guacamole SFTP

Hi,

I have a problem uploading files in a Linux VM. The connection has SFTP
enabled (without a root directory specified) and when I try upload a text
file (a few bytes of size) the connection stops some seconds without allow
any interaction. After this, I can check that the file has been created in
the correct path with the same name but 0 bytes.

I don`t know what's happening, but I need solve this urgently because a
client needs it.

Thanks

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Can't upload files by guacamole SFTP

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
I find that 0 will cause uploads to fail.  Here is what we have in our
configuration file.

nginx.conf

    sendfile        on;
    client_max_body_size 92160m;
    #tcp_nopush     on;

    keepalive_timeout  65;

Then restart nginx.

The variable /path/to/storage/{GUAC_USERNAME} this is actual a NFS share to
our SANS (10000/1000Mbps)

Hope this helps.

Re: Can't upload files by guacamole SFTP

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 3:09 AM Hugo AMG87 <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's nginx and tomcat. On nginx I have added the "client_max_body_size"
> line to 0, but still not work.

A couple of follow-up questions:
- Are you using HTTP, or HTTPS?
- Are there any log messages, either in the Tomcat logs (catalina.out) or
the system logs (/var/log/messages or journalctl) that indicate any
warnings or problems during the file transfer?
- The Tomcat log will also indicate whether or not you are using WebSockets
- if WebSockets are not working there will be a warning regarding it
falling back to HTTP.
- When you set up the Nginx proxy, did you follow all of the steps in the
manual: http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html ?

-Nick

Re: Can't upload files by guacamole SFTP

Posted by Hugo AMG87 <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

It's nginx and tomcat. On nginx I have added the "client_max_body_size"
line to 0, but still not work.

Thanks.

Posted by Hugo AMG87 <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I´m running Guacamole 1.0.0 from Github and it´s deployed in a tomcat-nginx
setup. I don't know anything about WebSockets, I don´t know how I can check
which kind of them I'm using or if they are installed. HTTP is used in my
configuration too.

Thanks for the help and sorry me if my English is deficient.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.