Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Mark Jason B. Nacional" <ja...@icomteq.com> on 2013/08/14 11:03:24 UTC

Assistance for Unified Index Proces

Hi Lucene Developers:

I just want to ask some help regarding our new implementation of indexing process.

We use this API for searching a number of documents in a review platform (e-discovery).

On our search module, we index a document per folder. The problem is that a user can create his own folder.

Right now, what our developers implemented was to create an index file of all folders. So imagine if a user will have to select a multiple source folder, we have to iterate to all its index files to get the results.

I was assigned to change this implementation. They called it "Unified Index". In this implementation, we have only one index file to manage.

I just want to get information as to how am I going to implemented it in a an optimal way.

Any suggestion would be perfect! :)

Thanks!

Mark Jason Nacional
Junior Software Engineer

Re: Assistance for Unified Index Proces

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Have one big index holding everything, with a "folder" indexed field
that you can use for filtering?

--
Ian.