Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <Ad...@nomadsoft.com> on 2006/05/31 13:37:55 UTC

[m2] deploy-file

Can someone give me the correct syntax for deploy:deploy-file?

I am trying to turn a snapshot jar into a real release for temporarily
getting around an issue. I copied the jar into my directory and then
tried to install it into my team's repository (not my local repo) but
maven complains about: Missing group, artifact, version, or packaging
information

 mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=/ctxtools/maven-surefire-plugin-2.2.jar
\
   -DrepositoryId=nomadsoft-plugins  \
   -Durl=file:///ctxtools/jar-repository/nomadsoft-repo

Thanks
Adam

Re: [m2] deploy-file

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Check: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-deploying-3rd-party-jars.html
Just make sure you check if you already have a POM or if Maven should create one for you!
Also, there COULD be some problems when checking in SNAPSHOT-releases, don't know if they've been
fixed already...

Roland