Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lyndon Durham <ne...@verizon.net> on 2002/05/04 01:24:59 UTC

Installing Axis in J2EE Development Enviroment

I have installed Axis in Tomcat sucessfully and would like to install
the Axis engine in the J2EE SDK 1.3.1 development server. Has anyone
been able to install the Axis engine as a webapp using the deploytool of
the J2EE SDK1.3.1? What directory is the equiavlent to webapps directory
found in the Tomcat engine used by the J2EE development Server? Thanks
in advance for your assistance.

Re: Installing Axis in J2EE Development Enviroment

Posted by Lyndon Durham <ne...@verizon.net>.
Thanks for the response. I usually use the J2EE as a development testbed
for my webapps and ejb based applications for conformity sake. My
current J2EE implentation server is JRun 3.1 .

Re: Installing Axis in J2EE Development Enviroment

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I have installed Axis in Tomcat sucessfully and would like to install
> the Axis engine in the J2EE SDK 1.3.1 development server. Has anyone
> been able to install the Axis engine as a webapp using the deploytool of
> the J2EE SDK1.3.1? What directory is the equiavlent to webapps directory
> found in the Tomcat engine used by the J2EE development Server? Thanks
> in advance for your assistance.

personally, I'd not waste any time with that server. you can get good ones
you can not only dev on but deploy on for zero outlay at jboss (jboss.org),
bluestone (bluestone.com). among others.

it is absolutely essential that you start using the j2ee engine you are
going to delivery on, right from the outset.