Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ms...@aol.com on 2005/10/24 13:06:49 UTC

Webfarm and Index Location

Hey-

I would like to store my index in one location, and then have all my IIS servers on the farm call that one index. Basically, I am looking for the best approach here...and any ideas anyone has...

1. Store index on SAN and have each server call that location...seems this is an issue because on the SAN I can not have more than one shared drive per computer calling it...would need LUN for each.

2. Store index on a shared drive (not on a SAN), and then cluster that box that I store the index on...will this work? What over-head for a shared drive call?

3. Make a webservice call

4. Make a remoting call

Anything else?

Regards!
-Joe

Re: Webfarm and Index Location

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
This thread proved very usefull for several of us when discussing this
topic in the past...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200503.mbox/%3c1109713160.18862.109.camel@localhost%3e

: Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:06:49 -0400
: From: msftblows@aol.com
[...]