Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Rick Hegarty <sk...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/13 18:48:42 UTC

NoSuchMethodException in IDE Log with Apache NetBeans 11.1-beta4

I noticed a *NoSuchMethodException* in the IDE Log. The full stack trace is
in the attached IDE Log, but this is the start:

Class: class org.netbeans.modules.jshell.editor.ConsoleEditor
Source: MultiFileObject@4ae9928f
[Windows2Local/Components/JShellEditor.settings]
*Caused: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.netbeans.modules.jshell.editor.ConsoleEditor.<init>()*
at java.base/java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3350)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:2554)
at
org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.XMLSettingsSupport.newInstance(XMLSettingsSupport.java:73)
at
org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.XMLSettingsSupport$SettingsRecognizer.instanceCreate(XMLSettingsSupport.java:603)
Caused: java.io.IOException
at
org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.XMLSettingsSupport$SettingsRecognizer.instanceCreate(XMLSettingsSupport.java:605)
at
org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.SerialDataConvertor$SettingsInstance.instanceCreate(SerialDataConvertor.java:401)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.core.windows.persistence.PersistenceManager.getTopComponentPersistentForID(PersistenceManager.java:547)

This looks like a duplicate or variation of NETBEANS-2167
NullPointerException when selecting another project group
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2167>.

I can create a bug report, or add a comment to NetbEans 2167, if that's
appropriate, but I'm guessing that would not be helpful.

All I have done so far:
- Delete my existing 11.1 cache and user folders.
- Unzip and start NB Beta 4 without importing existing settings.
- Visit most of the screens in *Tools > Options*.
- Change *Look and Feel* to *Nimbus* which triggered a restart of NetBeans.
- Activated most of the installed plugins. The few which were not activated
are shown in the screen shot below:
  [image: image.png]

I don't think this error is a big deal since it seems to have been around
since NB 10.0, and I only saw it in the IDE Log because I was looking for
problems. Everything else seems fine so far.

Rick