Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by xabhi <xa...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/18 14:13:41 UTC

Object messages in ActiveMQ v5.14.4

Hi,

I am upgrading my ActiveMQ setup from v5.11.1 to v5.14.4. I came across this
wiki page as per upgrade instructions -
http://activemq.apache.org/objectmessage.html.

It says that i need to org.apache.activemq.SERIALIZABLE_PACKAGES system
property to whitelist the packages. However, it isn't clear that whether
this property is required only on Client side or if it is required on broker
side as well.

In my testing the Object messages were successfully sent from producer
client to consumer client by specifying the system property only on client
side and nothing on broker side.

Can anyone confirm this behavior and whether the property should be added to
broker as well?

Thanks
Abhi

Re: Object messages in ActiveMQ v5.14.4

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
That property is relevant only when you're going to deserialize the object,
which typically happens only on the clients. Its possible to deserialize
the object on the server, in the case were you you the message via the web
console, but if you're not doing that then the only place you would need it
is the client.