Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt> on 2002/06/20 18:19:41 UTC

Re: [Avalon Packages -> Commons] We want to move packages to Commons: can you help? [Commons-Avalon]

At 17:42 2002.06.20 +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Ant needs to be able to build itself without a depenedency on using
>>>Ant to build something else first
>>Exactly.

  Ant uses itself to build it, doe's not it ?
Just build depenedency as usual , copy it to Ant's Lib and build Ant as usual.
I don't see any problems in this case.

<snip>

Re: [Avalon Packages -> Commons] We want to move packages to Commons: can you help? [Commons-Avalon]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt> wrote:

>   Ant uses itself to build it, doe's not it ?

No - at least not a different version than the one you are building.

Ant uses javac to compile a very basic version of its latest code and
then builds itself using this version.

It is rather common that you can not build Ant with the version that
is just one commit away as build.xml already uses the feature just
committed.

Stefan